What tests are included in Vascular Advantage Screening?
Carotid Artery/Stroke screening - Performed using doppler ultrasound on the carotid arteries in the neck to identify plaque build-up in the arteries.
Peripheral Arterial Disease screening - This screening test uses a type of blood pressure cuff around the ankle (ankle brachial index) to assess possible blood flow problems in the legs.
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm - This screening test uses Doppler ultrasound on the abdomen to identify a developing aneurysm.
You do not need a physician referral to schedule a Vascular Advantage screening. (This test is not covered by most insurance.) The Vascular Advantage screening is $115 for all three screenings ordered at the same time, or $45 per individual screening.
To schedule a Vascular Advantage Screening at a convenient Austin Heart location, call (512) 206-3636 or (800) 803-6960.
2019 Screening Schedule
- Austin Heart South Austin: August 6, 13
- Ausin Heart Lakeway: July 19, 26
- Austin Heart Cedar Park: June 20
- Austin Heart Northwest Austin: June 25
- Austin Central - Heart Hospital of Austin: July 2, 3, 9, 10, 17, 24, 31
- Austin Heart La Grange (near Bastrop) August 8, 22
- Austin Heart Round Rock: September 3, 9, 10, 16, 17, 23, 24, 30
- Austin Heart San Marcos: October 3, 4, 10, 11
Should I be screened for Peripheral Arterial Disease (PAD)?
If you have two or more of the following risk factors you should consider a Vascular Advantage screening:
- High blood pressure
- High cholesterol
- Age - over 50 years
- Sedentary lifestyle
- Coronary artery disease
- Family history of aortic aneurysm