Your heart’s still willing. Let’s keep it able.
Whether professional, recreational, or a weekend enthusiast…you’re an athlete. And no matter your age or sport of choice, you want to keep playing without sacrificing your health.
We’re here to make sure you stay in the game.
Are you on top of your game?
People of all ages and levels of fitness can develop heart disease or cardiac issues. Come see one of our sports and exercise cardiologists if you have experienced:
- Unexplained decline in athletic performance
- Chest pain
- Shortness of breath or palpitations
- Syncope (a temporary loss of consciousness)
- Abnormal pre-participation questionnaire or electrocardiogram (ECG)
- Abnormal physical exam findings
- Previous heart surgery
Comprehensive Individual and Sport-Specific Cardiovascular Assessment
Cardiac screenings begin with an Austin Heart sports cardiologist reviewing your current health status and assessing your risk factors. After conducting a physical examination and interpreting your ECG, one or more diagnostic tests may be recommended. Common diagnostic tests include:
- Echocardiogram - An echocardiogram uses ultrasound to look for evidence of heart muscle damage or abnormal valves.
- Stress test - During a stress test you will walk or run on a treadmill while your ECG is continuously monitored. Stress testing may be combined with echo or nuclear imaging or cardiopulmonary (VO2max) testing.
- Holter Monitor - A Holter monitor is a small device that is worn for one or two days. The device records your heart rhythm around the clock for a more thorough evaluation of your heart’s electrical activity.
The Sports Cardiology Clinics at Austin Heart are committed to the delivery of cutting edge, multidisciplinary, athlete-centered care with an emphasis on shared decision-making.
No referral is needed for physician consultation unless required by your insurance.
Schedule your appointment today at a location nearest you:
Austin Central: (512) 206-3600
Austin South: (512) 899-2028
Georgetown: (512) 930-1105
Round Rock: (512) 341-0889