At Austin Heart the safety and care of our patients remains our top priority, especially when it comes to coronavirus (COVID-19) concerns. We want to provide constant communication by letting you know that we are maintaining normal business hours and will continue to see your patients. As you can imagine, our patient population is extremely vulnerable. Many have complex heart conditions and we will take all necessary precautions to protect the health of patients who visit our practice in person.
To meet healthcare needs in a safe and effective way, virtual telehealth visits are now available for your patients.
- Real-time, fully interactive, telehealth visits with our providers for cardiovascular needs or concerns
- Patients can use a current mobile device or computer with a good audio and video connection
Depending on your patient’s needs, our providers will determine whether they can be seen virtually. And as always, we continue to take all necessary precautions to protect the health of your patients who visit our practices in person. Patients can call our office or go online to www.AustinHeart.com to schedule an appointment today.
How telehealth appointments work:
- Patients will receive a call from our front office to confirm their telehealth appointment, verify demographic and insurance information, and to collect any applicable copays.
- Patients will receive a call from our clinical team to obtain vitals and verify medication dosages.
- Patients will receive a call from their provider for the telemedicine appointment via agreed upon telehealth platform (i.e. FaceTime, Doxy.me, or Google Duo).
There have been no changes in the referral process to Austin Heart. You can continue to refer your cardiovascular patients via phone, fax, Leading Reach or via Austin Heart’s website.
We appreciate your trust in Austin Heart to care for your cardiovascular patients.