Dr. William Abide, Jr. completed his undergraduate degree at the University of Dallas and received his medical degree from Texas Tech School of Medicine in Lubbock, Texas. His postgraduate training began with an Internal Medicine residency at Creighton University in Omaha, Nebraska, followed by a cardiology fellowship earned at Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center in New Orleans. Dr. Abide graduated from Tech School of Medicine in Lubbock, Texas. He is board certified in Cardiology, Vascular Interpretation, Nuclear Cardiology and Internal Medicine by the American Board of Internal Medicine.
- American College of Cardiology, 2010-current
- American Medical Association, 2007-2008
- American College of Physicians, 2007-2008
- Texas Medical Association, Student Member, 2003-2005
- American Society of Nuclear Cardiology, 2013
- Abide, Subramaniam, Jain. Physical Exam Findings Not Forgotten. Journal of Investigative Medicine. January 2012; Vol 60, No 1.
- Baldwin, Abide, Glancy, et al. Myocardial Infarction After Taser Exposure. Journal of the Louisiana State Medical Society. 2010 Sept-Oct; 162(5):291-2, 294-5.
- Alla, Reddy, Abide, Hee, Hunter. Delayed Lead Perforation: Can We Ever Let the Guard Down? Cardiology Research and Practice. 2010 July 25; pii 741751.
- Ning MD, Abide MD and Hurley MD. Normocytic Anemia in Systemic Lupus Erythrematosus, American College of Physicians Regional Meeting Poster Presentation, Omaha, NE, 2007.
- Abide, MD, Ulveling, MD, Esterbrooks, MD. Unmasking of Wolff-Parkinson-White, Society of General Internal Medicine Poster Presentation, Chicago, IL, 2008.
Texas Tech School of Medicine, Lubbock, TX
Internal Medicine: Creighton University, Omaha, NE
Cardiovascular Disease: Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, New Orleans, LA
Certifications & Memberships
Internal Medicine, Cardiology, Nuclear Cardiology and Vascular Interpretation - American Board of Internal Medicine
1251 Sadler Drive
Building II, Suite 2100
San Marcos, TX 78666
Phone: (512) 396-5603
Fax: (512) 407-1480
8:00am - 5:00pm