Book an Appointment with Thomas McMinn, MD
Dr. Thomas McMinn, MD is originally from Los Angeles, California. After completing his undergraduate degree at Stanford University, he received his medical degree from Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis, Missouri. His postgraduate training began with an Internal Medicine residency at the University of California San Diego, followed by a Cardiology fellowship at the UCLA-Harbor Medical Center in Los Angeles. He completed an additional fellowship in Interventional Cardiology at the Arizona Heart Institute, including stents and advanced devices such as Rotablator, Angiojet and atherectomy. He is board certified in Internal Medicine and in the subspecialties of Cardiovascular disease and Interventional Cardiology.
Invasive and Interventional Cardiology, Vascular Intervention, and Atrial Septal Defect closure
- American College of Cardiology, Fellow
- American Medical Association
- McMinn TR, Ross J Jr. "Hereditary dilated cardiomyopathy," Clinical Cardiology, 1995;Jan, 18(1):7-15.
- Bond RA, Leff P, Johnson TD, Milano CA, Rockman HA, McMinn TR, Apparsundaram S, et al. "Physiological effects of inverse agonists in transgenic mice with myocardial overexpression of the beta 2-adrenoceptor," Nature, 1995 Mar 16, 374(6519):272-6.
- Milano CA, Allen LF, Rockman HA, Dolber PC, McMinn TR, Chien KR, Johnson TD, Bond RA, Lefkowitz RJ. "Enhanced myocardial function in transgenic mice overexpressing the beta 2-adrenergic receptor", Science, 1994 Apr 22, 264(5158):582-6.
Washington University Medical School, St. Louis, MO
University of California, San Diego, CA
Harbor UCLA Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA
Certifications & Memberships
Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease, Interventional Cardiology
Austin Heart – Central Park Building
900 W. 38th St
Austin, TX 78705
Phone: (800) 803-6960
Mon – Fri: 8:00am – 5:00pm
Appointments Phone Hours: Mon – Fri: 8:00am – 5:00pm