Dr. Stanley Wang earned his undergraduate degree at the University of Texas at Austin. He received his medical degree from the University of Texas Southwestern Medical School at Dallas and completed his internship and residency at Duke University Medical Center in Durham, North Carolina. He then completed his fellowship in cardiology at the University of North Carolina Hospitals. Dr. Wang also holds a J.D. degree from the University of Pennsylvania Law School and a Masters of Public Health from Harvard.
Dr. Wang is board certified in Cardiovascular Disease (Cardiology), Echocardiography, Nuclear Cardiology and Sleep Medicine.
Selected for inclusion Super Doctors® Rising Stars 2014, Texas Monthly Magazine - Cardiology and Sleep Medicine
- Doctor of Medicine (MD) - University of Texas Southwestern Medical School (2001),
- Doctor of Jurisprudence (JD) - University of Pennsylvania Law School (1999),
- Masters of Public Health (MPH) - Harvard School of Public Health (2002)
- Bachelors of Arts (BA) - University of Texas at Austin (1994)
Awards and Special Recognition:
- President, Board of Directors, American Heart Association (SouthWest Affiliate, Capital Area Division)
- Super Doctors - 2013, 2014, 2016
Married with 3 children; enjoys kayaking, tennis, swimming, piano, live music, baseball.
- Appointee to the Texas Medical Board
- Adjunct Assistant Professor of Medicine (University of North Carolina School of Medicine)
- American Association of Sleep Medicine
- American College of Cardiology
- American Heart Association
- American Society of Echocardiography
- American Society of Nuclear Cardiology
- Texas Medical Association
- Travis County Medical Society
- State Bar of Texas
- Stanley S. Wang. Atherosclerosis: A Pervasive Disease Affecting Global Populations (book chapter). PERIODONTAL DISEASE AND SYSTEMIC CONDITIONS, edited by Genco RJ, Williams RC. Professional Audience Communications, Inc., 2010, ISBN-13 978-0-6152-8508-2.
- Stanley S. Wang. Coronary Artery Vasospasm. Published online at Medscape Reference, updated February 13, 2014 (available online at http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/153943-overview).
- Stanley S. Wang. Aortic Regurgitation. Published online at Medscape Reference, updated February 12, 2014 (available online at http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/150490-overview).
- Stanley S. Wang. Metabolic Syndrome. Published online at Medscape Reference, updated February 14, 2014 (available online at http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/165124-overview).
- Stanley S. Wang, Sidney C.Smith, Jr, & Scott M. Grundy. Metabolic Syndrome, Obesity, and Diet. HURST"S THE HEART: MANUAL OF CARDIOLOGY.(12th edition), edited by O'Roarke RA, Walsh R, Fuster V. McGraw-Hill, 2009, ISBN 0071592989.
- Stanley S. Wang, Lauren Paynter, Robert Kelly, Gary Koch, Mark Skains, & Leonard Gettes. Electrocardiographic Characterization of the Culprit Lesion Site in Patients with Acute Coronary Events. JOURNAL OF ELECTROCARDIOLOGY. 2009;42(1):46-51.
- Stanley S. Wang. The Clinical Utility of Genetic Data in CVD. Published online at THEHEART.ORG, December 12, 2008.
- Stanley S. Wang & Sidney C. Smith, Jr. Role of the Inflammatory Process in Atherosclerosis and Vascular Disease. POLLOCK'S TEXTBOOK OF CARDIOVASCULAR DISEASE AND REHABILITATION. (1st edition), edited by Durstine JL, Moore GE, LaMonte MJ, and Franklin BA. Human Kinetics, 2008.
- Stanley S. Wang. Thienopyridines in PCI: The Lowdown on Loading Doses. Published online at THEHEART.ORG, June 23, 2008.
- Stanley S. Wang & Sidney C. Smith, Jr. Current European Guidelines on Cardiovascular Disease Prevention in Clinical Practice - An American Perspective. MEDYCYNA PRAKTYCZNA, 2008 February.
- Stanley S. Wang & Sidney C. Smith, Jr. Current European Guidelines on Cardiovascular Disease Prevention in Clinical Practice - An American Perspective. POL ARCH MED WEWN. 2008; 118(1-2):16-8.
- Stanley S.Wang. Risk/Benefit or Benefit/Risk: Trading Safety for Efficacy with Antiplatelet Agents. Published online at THEHEART.ORG. December 20, 2007.
- Neil I. Muni, Thomas P. Gross, Stanley S. Wang, Ashley B. Boam, & Bram D. Zuckerman, Challenges in Regulating Breakthrough Medical Devices, FOOD & DRUG LAW JOURNAL 2005;60(2):137-42.
- Stanley S. Wang, Dan Mendelson, Kevin Schulman, & Daniel Mark, Registration/Approval and Coverage/Payment: Exploring Options for Improving Healthcare, AMERICAN HEART JOURNAL 2004;147(1):23-30.
- Stanley S. Wang & John J. Smith, Potential Legal Barriers to Increasing CMS/FDA Collaboration: The Law of Trade Secrets and Related Considerations, FOOD & DRUG LAW JOURNAL 2003;58(4):613-27.
- Stanley S. Wang, Making the Perfect Baby: A Regulatory Strategy for Human Genetic Engineering, MEDICAL TRIAL TECHNIQUE QUARTERLY, 1977;43(3):61-110.
- Stanley S. Wang, TMA-MSS GRAND ROUNDS: CHAIRMAN'S REPORT. TMA-MSS GRAND ROUNDS.Winter 1998:1,3-4;Summer 1998:2,4; Winter 1999:2,4;Spring 1999:2.
- Stanley S. Wang. Sleep: The Underestimated Threat To Heart Health. Published online at Live Healthy Austin, updated February 18, 2013 (available online at http://www.livehealthyaustin.com/category/sleep-apnea/)
- Too much sleep and increased heart disease risk – August 28, 2018 (KVUE, Austin, TX)
- The Dangers of Sleep Apnea – December 3, 2015 (TWC News, Austin, TX)
- Guest appearance on “The Dudley And Bob Show” – February 10, 2015 (KLBJ-FM 93.7, Austin, TX)
- “Women's Heart Health” – February 4,2015 (KTBC FOX7, Austin, TX)
- Guest appearance on “The Dudley And Bob Show” – June 24, 2014 (KLBJ-FM 93.7, Austin, TX)
- “Runners and Heart Health” – April 25, 2014 - KXAN, Austin, TX; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njsPdGSEN6U
- “Heart Hospital of Austin to Give Out Defibrillators” – August 30, 2012 (KEYE, Austin, TX, http://tinyurl.com/keyewang)
- “Doctors Offer Athletes Free Heart Screenings” – August 4, 2012 (YNN, Austin, TX, http://tinyurl.com/ynnwang3)
- “Sleepless in America” – July 23, 2012 (The Fiscal Times, tcms.com)
- “Member Spotlight” - May/June 2012 Travis County Medical Society Journal, tcms.com
- “Texas Board Approves Rules on Use of Stem Cells” – April 13, 2012 (New York Times, New York, NY, http://tinyurl.com/nytwang1)
- “Risks and Benefits of Intermezzo; and Sleep & Heart Disease” – April 5, 2012 (ABC News Radio, KOMO 97.7, Seattle, WA)
- “New Rx Sleep Drug: Promising, or Perilous?” – April 4, 2012 (ABC News, Good Morning America, http://tinyurl.com/abcwang1)
- “Men, Women Differ in Heart Disease Symptoms” – February 28, 2012 (YNN, Austin , TX, http://tinyurl.com/ynnwang1)
- “Protecting Heart Health for All Ages and Genders” – February 1, 2012 (Austin Fit Magazine, Austin , TX, http://tinyurl.com/afwang2)
- “Changing Your Risk of Heart Disease” – February 1, 2012 (Austin Fit Magazine, Austin , TX, http://tinyurl.com/afwang)
- "Sleep Apnea and Heart Health" – January 3, 2012 (KTBC FOX 7, Austin, TX, http://tinyurl.com/fox7wang8-2)
- "Stem Cell Research" – September 27, 2011 (KTBC FOX 7, Austin, TX, http://tinyurl.com/fox7wang7)
- Heart Health and Sleep Apnea" – September 23, 2011 (KBUK radio interview, La Grange, TX)
- "Bastrop Fire: Smoke and the Heart" – September 8, 2011 (KTBC FOX 7, Austin, TX)
- Erectile Dysfunction and Heart Disease” June 21, 2011 (The Dr. Carol Show, Austin, TX)
- Tort Reform in Texas - June 20, 2011 (KURV 710 AM, McAllen, TX)
- "Holiday Heart Syndrome" - December 15, 2010 (KTBC FOX7, Austin, TX)
- Radio Interview on the "Let's Get Healthy" show - September 11, 2010 (KJCE Talk Radio 1370 AM, Austin, TX)
- "Heart Disease and Erectile Dysfunction" - August 13, 2010 (KTBC FOX7, Austin, TX)
- "Dangers of Erectile Dysfunction" - August 12, 2010 (KTBC FOX7, Austin, TX)
- "Doctors Screen Athletes' Hearts" - July 31, 2010 (News 8, Austin, TX)
- Radio interview for Championship Hearts - February 19, 2010 (KLBJ 590 AM radio interview, Austin, TX) .
- Championship Hearts Foundation Screening Program - August 29,2009 (KVUE news story, Austin, TX)
- Doctor's Orders Followed (cover), TEXAS MEDICINE (August 2009).
- Heartsaver CT - July 17, 2009 (KVUE news story, Austin, TX,).
- Doctor's Corner - June 19, 2009 (KBUK FM 104.9 radio interview, La Grange, TX).
- Aspirin for Primary Prevention - June 8, 2009 (KLBJ 590 AM radio interview, Austin, TX).
- Doctors on Call (WRAL VIDEO, Raleigh, NC, November 15, 2007).
- INSIDE DUKE UNIVERSITY MEDICAL CENTER AND HEALTH SYSTEM, Aug 4, 2005, 14(7):1
- TEXAS INTERNIST, Fall 1999:3
- DALLAS BUSINESS JOURNAL, Aug 6, 1999:37
- DALLAS MEDICAL JOURNAL, 1999;85(8):339
- TEXAS MEDICINE, 1999;95(8):13-4
- TEXAS MEDICINE 1999;95(7):18
University of Texas Southwestern Medical School, Dallas, TX
Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC
University of North Carolina Hospitals, Chapel Hill, NC
Certifications & Memberships
Cardiovascular Disease, Nuclear Cardiology, Echocardiography, Sleep Medicine
2559 Western Trails Blvd
Austin, TX 78745
Phone: (512) 899-2028
Fax: (512) 899-0311
8:00am - 5:00pm