Richard Olstein, MD is originally from Farmington Hills, Michigan. He received his MD degree at Case Western Reserve University in Cleveland, OH. He completed his internship, residency, cardiology, and interventional cardiology fellowships at Rush University Medical Center in Chicago, IL. Dr. Olstein is Board Certified in Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease. His areas of special interest are coronary artery disease and peripheral arterial disease, treating blockages in the heart and the legs. He is also board certified in echocardiography.
Running, playing golf and traveling
2010 - Present: American College of Cardiology - Fellow in Training
2008: American College of Physicians
- Vascular Access Complication Reduction by Multidisciplinary Collaboration on an Interventional Platform.
Submitted to Society of Cardiovascular Angiography and Interventions Scientific Sessions 2014
- Unusual Wide Complex Morphology ECG. Paker, JM, Rosenbush, SR, Olstein, RL.
JAMA Intern Med. 2013;173(18):1742-1744
- Diastolic Dysfunction and Left Atrial Volume Mediates Embolic Stroke in Patients with Atrial Fibrillation.
- Mohammad Alhaji, Mahesh Raju, Fahed Al Darazi, Amit Kakkar, Richard Olstein, Shyam Prabhakaran, Rami Doukky
Accepted for poster presentation at International Stroke Conference 2014
- NOGA® Catheter Mapping Causing Left Ventricular Perforation in a Patient with a Left Ventricular Aneurysm
Abstract submitted for poster session
- RENEW Trial. Efficacy and Safety of Targeted Intramyocardial Delivery of Auto CD34+ Stem cells for Improving Exercise Capacity in Subjects with Refractory Angina
Sub-Investigator and Rush University Medical Center
- PreSERVE Trial. AMR-001 Versus Placebo Post ST Segment Elevation Myocardial Infarction.
Sub-Investigator at Rush University Medical Center
- ixCELL DCM Trial. An Efficacy, Safety, and Tolerability Study of Ixmyelocel-T Administered Via Transendocardial Catheter-based Injections to Subjects with Heart Failure Due to Ischemic Dilated Cardiomyopathy
Sub Investigator at Rush University Medical Center
Medical Education & Training
2002-2006: Case Western Reserve University, Doctor of Medicine, Cleveland, OH
1998-2002: University of Michigan, Bachelor of Science in Biology, Ann Arbor, MI
2013-2014: Rush University Medical Center, Fellowship in Interventional Cardiology, Chicago, IL
2012-2013: Rush University Medical Center, Chief Fellow, Cardiovascular Disease, Chicago, IL
2010-2013: Rush University Medical Center, Fellowship in Cardiovascular Disease, Chicago, IL
2009-2010: Rush University Medical Center, Chief Resident, Internal Medicine, Chicago, IL
2006-2009: Rush University Medical Center, Residency in Internal Medicine, Chicago, IL
Rush University Medical Center - Interventional Cardiology
Rush University Medical Center
Rush University - Cardiovascular Disease
Peripheral Vascular Interventions
800 West Central Texas Expressway, Suite 355
Harker Heights, TX 76548
Phone: (254) 526-2085
Fax: (254) 526-9569
8:00am - 5:00pm