Book an Appointment with Deborah Ekery, MD
Dr. Ekery comes to us from El Paso, Texas. After completing her undergraduate degree at The University of Texas at Austin, she received her medical degree from the University of Texas Southwestern Medical School in Dallas, Texas. Postgraduate training began with an Internal Medicine residency at Massachusetts General Hospital, followed by a cardiology fellowship at Boston University Medical Center in Boston, Massachusetts. She completed an additional fellowship in echocardiography at Boston University Medical Center. She is American Board of Internal Medicine certified in Cardiovascular Disease. In addition, she also holds a certification by the National Board of Echocardiography.
Clinical Cardiology and Echocardiography
American Society of Echocardiography
American College of Cardiology
- Northwestern Medical Faculty Foundation (2001 - 2002)
- American Heart Association, Boston Division Board of Directors (1997 - 1999)
- American Heart Association, Community Outreach Committee (1997 - 1999)
- Ekery DL, Davidoff R, Orlandi QG, Apstein CS, Hesselvik JF, Shemin RJ, Shapira OM., Diastolic Dysfunction after Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting: A Frequent Finding of Clinical Significance not Influenced by Intravenous Calcium; AM Heart Journal. In press
- Ekery DL and Balady GJ. Cushing's Syndrome. In Alpert JS (ed): The AHA Clinical Cardiac Consult. Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, Philadelphia, PA. 2001; 100-101.
- Ekery DL and Balady GJ. Pheochromocytoma. In Alpert JS (ed): The AHA Clinical Cardiac Consult. Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, Philadelphia, PA. 2001; 192-193.
- Ekery DL, and Davidoff R. Aortic Regurgitation: Quantitative Methods by Echocardiography. Echocardiography: A Journal of Cardiovascular Ultrasound & Allied Tech. 2000; 17: 293-302.
- Ekery DL, and Loscalzo J. Homocysteine and Coronary Atherosclerosis. Cardiology in General Practice. 1994; 2: 8-12.
- Ekery DL, and Benjamin EJ. Cardiac Disease and Stroke: Innocent Bystander or Cause and Effect?. Comprehensive Therapy. 1997; 23: 281-288. Abstracts:
- Eimer MA, Ekery DL, Rigolin V, Johnson M, Gheorghiade M, Bonow R, Cotts WG. Elevated B-Type Natriuretic Peptide in patients with Asymptomatic Aortic Regurgitation and Normal Left Ventricular Systolic Function. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2002; 39 (supplement A): 423A.
- Hasan SA, Shah DJ, Ekery DL, Wen A, Hamilton AJ, Fullerton DA, Bonow RO, Rigolin VH. Changes in Left Ventricular Size and Hemodynamics are seen early after Mitral Valve Repair in patients with Mitral Regurgitation and Normal Systolic Function. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2001; 37: 485A.
- Ekery DL, Davidoff R, Orlandi QG, Apstein CS, Hesselvik JF, Shemin RJ, Shapira OM. Diastolic Dysfunction after Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting: A Frequent Finding of Clinical Significance. Presented at "The American Society of Echocardiography Scientific Sessions." June 2000.
- Ekery DL, Comenzo RL, Skinner M, Falk RH, Mendes LA. Arrested Progression of Cardiac Amyloidosis in Patients Undergoing Intravenous Melphalan Therapy with Autologous Stem Cell Transplantion. J Am Coll Cardiol. 1999; 33 (supplement A): 513A.
University of Texas Southwestern Medical School, Dallas, TX
Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA
Boston University Medical Center, Boston, MA
Certifications & Memberships
Austin Heart – Central Park Building
900 W. 38th St
Austin, TX 78705
Phone: (800) 803-6960
Mon – Fri: 8:00am – 5:00pm
Appointments Phone Hours: Mon – Fri: 8:00am – 5:00pm