Book an Appointment with David Swett, MD
Dr. David Swett is originally from Northampton, Massachusetts. He attended Tufts University where he received his B.S. degree in Biology. He received his medical degree from the University of Bologna and medical clerkships from Yale University School of Medicine and Bridgeport Hospital. Dr. Swett completed his internship at Easton Hospital in Pennsylvania and residency at Danbury Hospital in Connecticut. He received a cardiology fellowship at Saint Francis Hospital and Medicine Center and a fellowship in Cardiac Rehabilitation and Exercise Physiology at Brigham and Women’s Hospital. He is Board certified in Internal Medicine, Cardiology, and Nuclear Cardiology.
Clinical Cardiology, Nuclear Cardiology and Cardiac Rehabilitation
History, martial arts, and Italian veniculture
- American Society of Nuclear Cardiology, Member
- American College of Physicians, Associate
- American Society of Internal Medicine, Associate
- American College of Cardiology, Fellow
- St. Francis Hospital and Medical Center, Hartford, Connecticut, Dept of Medicine, Associate Attending Physician (8/91-4/97)
- St. Francis Hospital and Medical Center, Hartford, Connecticut, Dept of Medicine, Assistant Attending Physician (7/82-8/91)
- Windham Hospital, Williamantic, Connecticut, Director of Cardiac Rehabilitation (1992-1997)
- St. Francis Hospital and Medical Center, Director of Cardiac Rehabilitation Unit and Exercise Lab (7/82-2/84)
- University of Connecticut School of Medicine, Assistant Clinical Professor of Medicine (7/82-1/84)
- Fairfield Hills Hospital, Newton, Connecticut, Medical Consultant (7/79-12/79)
- Danbury Hospital, Danbury, Connecticut, Dept of Medicine, Instructor of Physical Diagnosis (7/79-6/80)
- Danbury Hospital, Danbury, Connecticut, Dept of Medicine, Chief Resident (7/79-12/79)
- Swett D. Induction of Limb-parts Regeneration In Amphibians Using Membrane Labilizing Agents. Tufts University, 1969-1970.
- Swett D. Induction and Transmission of Crohn's Disease in Experimental Animals: A suggested Pathogenesis. Published in Italian, Bologna, Italy, 1976.
- Swett D, Hanna J. Spinocerebellar Degeneration, Cardiomyopathy and Skin Lymphomas: A Case Report and Review of the Literature. Cardiovascular Review and Reports, 3(11): 1599-1604, 1982.
- Missri J, Swett D. Marfan Syndrome: A review. Cardiovascular Reviews and Reports, 3(11): 1645-1654, 1982.
- McConnell T, Missri J, Swett D, Jeresaty R, Al-Hani A. The Ventilatory Response to Different Exercise Modalities. Abstract presented to New England Chapter of the American College of Sports Medicine.
- Swett D, McConnell T, Missri J, Al-Hani A, Landry A, Galle J. Arm Ergometry with Thallium 201 Imaging in the Cardiovascular Evaluation of Patients with Peripheral Vascular Disease. Research in Progress.
- Missri J, Pasquale D. Slavin J, Swett D, Al-Hani A, Jeresaty R. Prevention of Doxorubicin (Andriamycin) Cardiotoxicity by Digoxin. Research in Progress.
- Swett D. Exercise Testing Soon After Myocardial Infarction: prognostic Implications. Connecticut Medicine, 41 (10): 597-601, 1983.
- McConnell T, Swett D, Missri J, Jeresaty R, Al-Hani A. The Hemodynamic and Physiologic Differences Between Exercise Modalities (Abstract). Medicine and Science in Sports and Exercise, 15 (2): 153, 1983.
- McConnell T, Swett D, Missri J. Basic Ventilatory Responses to Different Exercise Modalities. Clinical Sports medicine. Chapter 10, Collamore Press, 1984.
- Schachne JS, Stowers SA, Swett D, Alexander J. Thallium Perfusion Imaging in Myocarditis. Connecticut Medicine, 47 (12): 759-761.
- Swett D. The Rationale for Dietary Management In Patients with Ischemic Heart Disease. The Exercising Adult. Robert C. Cantu, M.D. (Ed.) Collamore Press. Chapter 16, 1987.
Abstracts or Presentations to National Scientific Meetings:
- McConnell TJ, Swett DD, Missri JC, Jeresaty RM, Al-Hani AJ. "The Basic Ventilatory Response to Different Exercise Modalities." Annual Meeting of the New England Chapter of the American College of Sports Medicine: Boxboro, MA, November 19-20, 1982.
- McConnell TJ, Swett DD, Missri JC, Jeresaty RM, Al-Hani AJ. "The Basic Ventilatory Response to Different Exercise Modalities". American College of Sports Medicine Meeting; Montreal, Quebec, Canada, May 1983.
- Swett DD. "Medical Implications of the Prudent Cardiovascular Diet." Annual meeting of the New England Chapter of the American College of Sports Medicine; Boxboro, Massachusetts, November 2, 1984.
University of Bologna, Bologna, Italy
Danbury Hospital, Danbury, CT
St. Francis Hospital and Medical Center, Farmington, CT
Certifications & Memberships
Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease, Nuclear Cardiology
102 Max Starcke Dam Rd
Marble Falls, TX 78654
Phone: (830) 798-2082
Fax: (830) 693-0040
8:00am - 5:00pm