Marble Falls, TX 78654
About Yan Liu
Dr. Liu completed his medical training and cardiology fellowship from University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill where he served as chief fellow and clinical assistant professor. He received a PhD in medical research from Duke University and completed his internal medicine residency in Austin, Texas with University of Texas Southwestern.
Dr. Liu is a general cardiologist with board certifications in echocardiogram, peripheral ultrasound and internal medicine. He is married with two children and enjoys spending time with family, traveling, fishing with his son and listening to school stories from his daughter. He is proud to return to the central Texas area to serve the Marble Falls community.
- Misenheimer JA, Liu Y, Means G, Kaul P, and Yeung M. Pneumopericardium Secondary to Gastro-Pericardial Fistula Presenting as Acute Pericarditis with Evidence of Cardiac Tamponade. J Am Coll Cardiol Intv. In press
- Liu Y, Mingyu Zhang. IFNα21 Correlates with ARF and non-coding RNA ANRIL Expression and the Age of CAD Onset in Han Chinese. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2015;66(16_S)
- Liu Y, Dai Xuming. Fellow-Initiated Clinical Trials: Opportunities, Challenges and Strategies. J Am Coll Cardiol, 2015;66(3):324-327
- Liu Y, Jolly S, and Pokala K, Prolonged Paroxysmal Sympathetic Storming Associated with Spontaneous Subarachnoid Hemorrhage. Case Reports in Medicine, 2013. doi:10.1155/2013/358182
- Liu Y and Miller BW. ALCAPA Presents in an Adult with Exercise Intolerance but Preserved Cardiac Function. Case Reports in Cardiology, 2012. doi:10.1155/2012/471759
- Nelson JE, Krishnamurthy J, Menezes P, Liu Y, Hudgens MG, Sharpless NE, Eron JJ. (2012) Expression of p16INK4a correlates with increasing age and decreased CD4 count in patients on effective ART. Aging Cell, 2012 Oct;11(5):916-8
- Liu Y, Johnson SM, Fedoriw Y, Rogers A, Yu H, Krishnamurthy J and Sharpless NE. Expression of p16INK4a prevents cancer and promotes aging in lymphocytes. Blood. 2011 Mar 24;117(12):3257-67. Commentary: Eshraghi P, Rudolph KL. Lineage-specific pleiotropy in immune aging. Blood. 2011 Mar 24;117(12):3250-1.
- Kuo CL, Murphy AJ, Sayers S, Li R, Yvan-Charvet L, Davis JZ, Krishnamurthy J, Liu Y, Puig O, Sharpless NE, Tall AR, Welch CL. Cdkn2a Is an Atherosclerosis Modifier Locus That Regulates Monocyte/Macrophage Proliferation. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2011 Nov;31(11):2483-2492.
- Burd CE, Jeck WR, Liu Y, Sanoff HK, Wang Z, Sharpless NE. Expression of Linear and Novel Circular Forms of an INK4/ARF-Associated Non-Coding RNA Correlates with Atherosclerosis Risk. PLoS Genet. 2010 Dec 2;6(12):e1001233
- Liu Y and Sharpless NE. Tumor suppressor mechanisms in immune aging. Current Opinion in Immunology. 2009 Aug; 21(4): 431-439
- Song Z, von Figura G, Liu Y, Kraus JM, Torrice C, Dillon P, Rudolph-Watabe M, Ju Z, Kestler HA, Sanoff H, Lenhard Rudolph K. Lifestyle impacts on the aging-associated expression of biomarkers of DNA damage and telomere dysfunction in human blood. Aging Cell. 2010 Aug;9(4):607-15
- Liu Y., Sanoff, HK, Cho H, Burd CE, Torrice C, Ibrahim JG, Thomas NE, and Sharpless NE. (2009) Expression of p16INK4a in peripheral blood T-cells is a biomarker of human aging. Aging cell. 2009 Aug; 8(4): 439-448
- Liu Y, Sanoff, HK, Cho H, Burd CE, Torrice C, Mohlke KL, Ibrahim JG, Thomas NE, and Sharpless NE. INK4/ARF transcript expression is associated with chromosome 9p21 variants linked to atherosclerosis. PLoS ONE. 2009 Apr; 4(4): 5027.
- Tsygankov D, Liu Y, Sanoff HK, Sharpless NE, Timothy CE. A Quantitative Model for Age-Dependent Expression of the p16INK4a Tumor Suppressor. PNAS. 2009 Sep;106(39):16562-7.
- Liu Y and Zhang W. Identification of a new transmembrane adaptor protein that constitutively binds Grb2 in B cells. J Leu Bio. 2008 Sep; 84(3):842-51.
- Liu Y, Zhu M, Nishida K, Hirano T, Zhang W. An essential role for RasGRP1 in mast cell function and IgE-mediated allergic response. J Exp Med. 2007 Jan; 204(1):93-103.
- Guo XC, O'Brien SJ, Winkler C, Scott K, Hutcheson H, David V, Kessing B, Zheng YM, Liao J, Liu Y, Guy de T, Zeng Y. [Association study of chromosome 4 STRs polymorphisms with nasopharyngeal carcinoma] Yi Chuan (Genetics). 2006 Jul; 28(7):783-90.
- Guo XC, Scott K, Liu Y, Dean M, David V, Nelson GW, Johnson RC, Dilks HH, Lautenberger J, Kessing B, Martenson J, Guan L, Sun S, Deng H, Zheng Y, de The G, Liao J, Zeng Y, O'Brien SJ, Winkler CA. Genetic factors leading to chronic Epstein-Barr virus infection and nasopharyngeal carcinoma in South East China: study design, methods and feasibility. Hum Genomics. 2006 Jun; 2(6):365-75
- Zhu M, Koonpaew S, Liu Y, Shen S, Denning T, Dzhagalov I, Rhee I, Zhang W. Negative regulation of T cell activation and autoimmunity by the transmembrane adaptor protein LAB. Immunity. 2006 Nov; 25(5):757-68.
- Zhu M, Rhee I, Liu Y, Zhang W. Negative regulation of FcRI-mediated signaling and mast cell function by the adaptor protein LAX. J Biol Chem. 2006 Jul; 281(27):18408-13.
- Zhu M, Shen S, Liu Y, Granillo O, Zhang W. Cutting Edge: Localization of linker for activation of T cells to lipid rafts is not essential in T cell activation and development. J Immunol. 2005 Jan; 174(1):31-5.
- Zhu M, Liu Y, Koonpaew S, Granillo O, Zhang W. Positive and negative regulation of FcRI-mediated signaling by the adaptor protein LAB/NTAL. J Exp Med. 2004 Oct; 200:991-1000.
Harbin Medical School, China
Internal Medicine: University of Texas Southwestern, Austin, TX
Cardiovascular Disease: University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC
Certifications & Memberships
- Board Certified - Internal Medicine - American Board of Internal Medicine
- Board Certified - Echocardiography - National Board of Echocardiography
- Board Certified - Nuclear Cardiology - Certification Board of Nuclear Cardiology
- Board Certified - Cardiovascular Disease
- Board Certified - Physician Vascular Interpretation
2010 American College of Physicians
2011 American Physician Scientist Association
2011 American Association of Immunologist
2013 American College of Cardiology
2013 American Heart Association
2015 American Society of Echocardiography
2015 American Society of Nuclear Cardiology
English, Chinese, Cantonese
102 Max Starcke Dam Rd
Marble Falls, TX 78654
Phone: (830) 798-2082
Fax: (830) 693-0040