3801 N. Lamar, Suite 300
Austin, TX 78756
Phone Number: (512) 206-3600
About Paul R Coffeen
Dr. Paul Coffeen comes to Austin Heart from Kansas City, Missouri. After completing his undergraduate and graduate degree at the University of Kansas, he received his medical degree from Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine in Baltimore, Maryland. Postgraduate training began with an Internal Medicine residency at the University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, followed by a cardiology fellowship at the University of Minnesota Medical School. He completed an additional fellowship in electrophysiology at the University of Minnesota Medical School. He is American Board of Internal Medicine certified in Cardiovascular Disease and Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology.
electronics, shooting sports, running, Bikram Yoga
- Dallas County Medical Society
- Texas Medical Association
- American College of Cardiology, Fellow
- Heart Rhythm Society
- Coffeen PR, Guyton DG: Monocular Diplopia Accompanying Ordinary Refractive Error. AM J Ophthalmology, 105:451-459, 1988
- Zuckerman BD, Orton EC, Stenmark KR, Trapp JA, Murphy JR, Coffeen PR., Reeves JT: Alteration of the Pulsatile Load in the High Altitude Calf Model of Pulmonary Hypertension. J Appl Phys, 70:859-869, 1991
- Shultz JJ, Coffeen PR, Sweeney M, Detloff BLS, Kehler C, Pineda E, Yakshe P, Adler SW, Chang MW, Luie KG: Evaluation of Standard vs. Active Compression Decompression CPR in an acute Human Model of Ventricular Fibrillation. Circulation 89:684-693, 1994.
- Lurie KG, Benditt DG, Fleischacker J, Ockuly J, Coffeen PR, Adler SW, Shultz JJ: Development of a Multifunctional Coronary Sinus Catheter. Revue Europenne de Technologie BioMedicale (RBM) 16:159-161, 1994.
- Chang MW, Coffeen PR, Lurie KG, Shultz JJ, Yakshe P, Jarvis G, Lindstrom P, Voss G, White CW: Tissue Perfusion During Standard vs Active Compression Decompression CPR in the Dog. Chest 106:1250-1259, 1994.
- Lurie KG, Coffeen PR, Shultz JJ, McKnite S, Detloff B, Mulligan K: Improving Active Compression Decompression Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation with an Inspiratory Impedance Valve. Circulation 91:1629-1632, 1995.
- Shultz JJ, Mianulli MJ, Gisch TM, Coffeen PR, Haidet GC, Lurie KG: Comparison of Exterion Required to Perform Standard and Active Compression Decompression Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation. Resuscitation, 1995 Iskos D, Lrie KG, Adler SW, Shultz JJ, Coffeen PR, Mulligan KA, Bendictt DG: Effect of Parenternal d-Sotalol on Transvenous Atrial Defibrillation Thresholds in a Caine Model of Atrial Fibrillation. American Heart Journal 132:116-119, 1996.
- Coffeen PR, Efange SMN, Haidet GC, McKnite S, Boudreau R, Langason RB, Khare AB, Pennington J, Lurie KG: Measurement of Cholinergic Innervation in Rat Heart with Novel Vesamicol Receptor Ligand. Nuclear Medicine and Biology 23:923-926, 1996.
- Coffeen PR: Hypertensive Heart Disease. Resident and Staff Physician. August Supplement: 27-32, 1992.
- Chang MW, Coffeen PR, Lurie KG, Shultz JJ, Yakshe P, Jarvis G, Lindstrom P, Voss G, White CW: Tissue Perfusion During Standard vs. Active Compression Decompression CPR in the Dog. Circulation 86:1-926, 1992
- Coffeen PR, Shultz JJ, Pineda E, Remole SC, Benditt DG, Adler SW, Fetter J, Lurie KG: Effect of CPR on Defibrillation Tresholds During Implantation of Cardioverter-Defebrillators with Transvenous Leads. PACE 16-887, 1993.
- Coffeen PR, Haidet GC, Lurie KG: Increased Sensitivity of the Senescent Canine Conduction System to Acetylcholine. Cardiovascular Drugs and Therapy 7:466, 1993.
Medical Education & Training
Medical School: Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD
Residency: University of Colorado Health Science Center, Denver, CO
Fellowship: Univeristy of Minnesota Hospital and Clinics, Minneapolis, MN
Certifications & Memberships
Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease, Cardiac Electrophysiology
Office Locations and Office Hours
3801 N. Lamar, Suite 300
Austin, TX 78756
Phone: (512) 206-3600
Fax: (512) 206-3604
8:00am - 5:00pm
Phone Number: (512) 206-4300
Harker Heights TX 76548
Marble Falls TX 78654
Paul R Coffeen Review and Survey
At Austin Heart, we believe feedback from your visit is invaluable. Your feedback will provide Paul R Coffeen, MD with insight into your experience that will help us improve our practice’s approach to providing quality patient care. Please take a moment to note how we are doing in this brief survey.